I made myself a (roughly) 5×5 inch journal to do my faces in. I probably won’t use it…LOL…I’m flighty, after all, and I like to switch things up. But I like making little pamphlet-stitch booklets and I had some extra Stonehenge paper sitting around cut up, so I tore it into 7 11×5 strips and folded them and punched them and sewed them up with the last of the dental floss. Mmmmm cinnamony. Then I drew her. I used all kinds of markers and then watercolor paints to color her in. She’s on cover stock (my absolute favorite Hammermill that takes markers better than anything I have ever tried ever), because I made the cover out of that. I made the cover out of that because I thought I’d do the cover illustration in Sharpie. That just didn’t work out. I learned a lot today. For instance, I have learned that I don’t really like doing faces in marker. Hey, learning is good! Here is she is (smiling for you, Maryann):
And then, because I took a picture of it, too, here is my journal page for today:
I like to write in multiple layers going all directions in multiple colors (Inkjoy pens today), then paint over that with watercolors. Then add a little writing that sums up the theme of the whole process. My Yarka paints are the sequel set, mostly light and bright secondary colors and tertiary colors (turquoise, fuschia, violets, etc.), so I did some mixing with them today to get some more organic colors. I’m kinda tired of >gasp< fuschia.